Updated March 20, 2023
All short-season positions have been filled for the 2023 summer season. If you are a short-season applicant and would like to be on our waitlist, please email your resume to Rettie Knowlton (Rettie.Knowlton@abararanch.com).
We are still accepting applications from full-season applicants and encourage you to apply now. Please make sure you meet the required work dates. See below for more information about our hiring timeline.
If you have any staffing questions, please reach out to Rettie Knowlton.
Welcome to the A Bar A Ranch.
We hire hard-working, enthusiastic team players who are eager to be contributing members of our ranch community. If you love working with people, being outdoors, and are ready to commit to working hard as a positive member of our team, we welcome your application. We take great pride in our reputation for having an outstanding staff. If you’ve always wanted to live and work in the West, this is the perfect opportunity!
Please read on for updates. Below is the list of basic requirements you must meet in order to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Yours from Wyoming,
Justin and Lissa Howe, Ranch Managers
OUR BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR STAFF INCLUDE:
- You must be at least 18 years of age, and have at least one year of post-high school education and/or work experience.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or be legally eligible for a J-1 student work visa.
- You must be available to work from at least mid-May through late-August or late-September.
- Please keep in mind that about 75% of our positions require being able to work through late September!
- Two references (at least one professional reference from a supervisor).
- If you are in college or just graduated, please attach a copy of your college transcript (GPA at least 3.0; unofficial copy is acceptable). If you are a first-semester freshman, please submit your high school transcript.
- Evidence of interest in working with and being of service to others.
- Evidence of ability to live in a small community of peers as a positive team member.
- Interest in having a unique experience, not just a summer job.
- The A Bar A Ranch is a drug-free work place and you must be drug free. We reserve the right to use drug testing.
Monthly salaries vary. Housing, meals, optional 401k, and use of ranch facilities are additional benefits. End-of-season bonuses are distributed in mid-November, among the staff who have completed their contracts only.
HIRING TIMELINE for Summer 2023:
- 2023 applications available on our website starting October 1, 2022.
- We begin reviewing new applications in mid-October. We review only complete applications (including resume, transcript, 2 references).
- We offer Zoom and phone interviews starting in early November and continuing until hiring is complete.
- We highly recommend that you submit your new application by December 1 to increase your chances of being hired.
- We make decisions/job offers on an on-going basis until hiring is complete. The majority of our positions are filled by mid-January.
We work as a team, and all staff must be prepared to support all areas of the ranch.
You may request to be considered for more than one position. Please list them on the application in your order of preference.
Before you apply, please make sure that your dates of availability match our 2023 summer employment needs.
At the A Bar A Ranch, we create an environment that provides opportunities for deep connections with others, with ourselves, and with the land.
2023 SUMMER SEASON EMPLOYMENT DATES
Applicants must be available from at least May 19 or 22 through August 27 (short-season) or September 26 (full-season). Most of our positions end in late September, and some start earlier in May. Please see “Job Descriptions” page for more detailed information.