The A Bar A is all about personal connections and taking care of our guests and staff like family. Our top priority remains preserving the A Bar A experience and ensuring health and safety of our guests and staff. We have worked through this past year to make plans that address the challenges of COVID, while also improving the Ranch experience as a whole.
Our protocols for responding to the COVID environment are adaptable to meet changing circumstances and are informed by CDC guidelines and hospitality best practices. They include facilities adjustments like outdoor dining expansion and indoor airflow improvements. We’ve also made program changes to reduce crowding and waiting in lines, and dining adjustments to eliminate breakfast and lunch self-service buffets. Our cleaning protocols have been enhanced, taking advantage of new tools and technologies.
As always, we are here to connect with you personally and meet your family’s needs. Our cancellation policy will remain flexible, and we encourage you to contact us any time with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 307-327-5454.
While there are some aspects of the A Bar A experience that will be different in 2021, we are fortunate that our beautiful outdoor setting remains at the heart of Ranch activities. Our core mission remains the same: to create opportunities for people to make deep connections with themselves, with others, and with the land in an authentic western setting.
Thank you for your understanding and support during this challenging time; we look forward to welcoming you again soon on the banks of the North Platte River!
Yours from Wyoming,
Lissa and Justin Howe and the entire A Bar A team
More specific updates—these are examples of changes to be implemented, but this is not a comprehensive list, and protocols will be adjusted to meet needs as circumstances change.
Enhanced cleaning procedures:
- Focused training and updated cleaning protocols
- Public areas cleaned hourly with extra attention to high traffic areas
- Use of tools/technology including electrostatic spraying and UV sanitation
- Use of PPE by cleaning staff
- Earlier check-out and later check-in times to allow time for new protocols
Dining and bar changes:
- Dining areas set up with physical distancing between groups
- Outdoor dining and gathering spaces added and enhanced
- Airflow improvements
- Elimination of self-service buffets
Children’s program changes:
- Smaller activity groups
- Improved air flow in Gopher Hole
- Multiple “home base” locations for activity groups (e.g., Gopher Hole, Tree House, Tipi)
- Health screening for staff and children
- More outdoor activities and dining