We are looking for hard-working, enthusiastic team players who are eager to learn and be contributing members of our ranch community. If you love working with people, being outdoors, and are ready to commit to working hard as a positive member of our team, we welcome your application. We take great pride in our reputation for having an outstanding staff.
Below are the basic requirements you must meet in order to apply, including general information about the dates we need staff.
Please read on for updates.
We appreciate your thoughtful and complete responses to our application questions and look forward to hearing from you.
Yours from Wyoming,
Justin and Lissa Howe, Managers
Updated May 9, 2017
We have filled all of our positions for 2017. If you’re interested in staying on our list as a back-up applicant, please email your resume and a cover letter and we will contact you if any positions open up (email@example.com).
We will start our hiring for 2018 in October and encourage you to apply early!
OUR BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR STAFF INCLUDE:
- You must be at least 18 years of age, and have at least one year of post-high school education and/or work experience.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or be legally eligible for a J-1 work visa.
- You must be available from at least mid-May through late-August or late-September. Before you apply make sure that your dates of availability match the needs of the specific job for which you are applying (see job descriptions pages on our website).
- Two references (at least one of these references should be a professional reference from a supervisor).
- If you are in college or just graduated, please attach a copy of your college transcript (GPA at least 3.0).
- Evidence of interest in working with and being of assistance to other people.
- Evidence of ability to live in a small community of peers as a positive team member.
- Interest in having a unique experience, not just a summer job.
- The A Bar A Ranch is a drug-free work place and you must be drug free. We reserve the right to use drug testing.
Monthly salaries vary. Room, board and use of ranch facilities are additional benefits. The general tips fund is distributed in mid-November, among the staff who have completed their contracts only.
- We begin reviewing applications in October. We review only complete applications (including resume, transcript, 2 references).
- We offer on-campus interviews at select colleges/universities: late October — early November
- We offer phone interviews beginning in October, and continue these until hiring is complete.
- We highly recommend that you submit your application by December 1, 2018 to increase your chances of being hired.
- We make decisions/job offers on an on-going basis until hiring is complete. The majority of our positions are filled by mid-January.
Video by Maggie Irby, Office Assistant, Summer 2016
At the A Bar A Ranch, we create an environment that provides opportunities for deep connections with others, with ourselves, and with the land.
UPCOMING SUMMER SEASON EMPLOYMENT DATES
Applicants must be available from at least the third week of May through the third week of August. Most of our positions will end in late September, and some will start earlier in May. Please see “Job Descriptions” pages for more detailed information.