The historic A Bar A Ranch is a premier Wyoming guest ranch located on the North Platte River.
The A Bar A was first settled in the early 1880s. It became a guest and cattle ranch in 1922 when Princeton University graduates, Andy Anderson and Edward Hubbell, purchased the Ranch. They sold to the Charles Gates family in the 1960s and it has had the same family ownership since then. Combined with sister ranches, Big Creek, State Line, and Sheep Rock, the A Bar A encompasses nearly 100,000 acres, has a 1/1 guest to staff ratio, supports nearly 200 horses, and sustainably grazes over 6,000 cattle.
The A Bar A has been managed by the Howe family since 1984. Cattle operations are managed by Mark Dunning.
Justin and Lissa Howe, Ranch Managers
We provide an environment for people to make deep connections with themselves, with others, and with the land in a pristine Western environment.